Sometimes playing with your food can be a good thing. Take these awesome examples of food art for instance - they're silly, fun, and some just downright impressive!
The time and dedication it must take for some of these is incredible (not to mention the willpower it takes to not eat the yummy stuff!) and for that I give kudos to the "artists" of the following pictures.
The 28 Healthiest Foods on the Planet
The following is a "healthy food hot list" consisting of the 29 food that will give you the biggest nutritional bang for you caloric buck, as well as decrease your risk for deadly illnesses like cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Along with each description is a suggestion as to how to incorporate these power-foods into your diet. If you're searching for more tips on healthier living, take a direct approach to your health and wellness by customizing your individual health insurance needs.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
102 Interesting things about dogs
Here’s an interesting list of facts for you about dogs, I bet you will find out some things you didn’t know before about mans best friend, I know I did.
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. It is akin to our vision at dusk.
- Dogs DO have better low-light vision than humans because of a special light-reflecting layer behind their retinas
- A German Shepherd guide dog led her blind companion the entire 2100 mile Applachian Trail
- If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could product over 66,000 dogs in 6 years!
- Dogs’ only sweat glands are between their paw pads
- Like human babies, Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot in their skull which closes with age
- The breed Lundehune has 6 toes and can close its ears
- Teddy Roosevelt’s dog, Pete, ripped a French ambassador’s pants off at the White House
- President Lyndon Johnson had two beagles named Him and Her
- Franklin Roosevelt spent $15,000 for a destroyer to pick up his Scottie in the Aleutian Islands
- In Roman times, mastiffs donned light armor and were sent after mounted knights
1.Torres Strait Islands, Australia
The Torres Strait Islands are situated off the Cape York Peninsula in Australia. 2 islands form the Torres Strait stretching from the peninsula north to the Papua New Guinea border.
Only 3 of the Torres Strait Islands are open for the public where as other islands are only for the Islanders, who originally came from Polynesia and Melanesia. The population of the Torres Strait Islands is now more than 6000. Each of the Torres Strait Islands has unique cultures and languages.